CrossfireX Update 126.96.36.199
We’re excited to be able to share with you our first major update for CrossfireX.
Before we dive into the patch details, we wanted to take a moment to express our deep appreciation for our community - we’ve been truly humbled since the official launch of the game and have received an incredible amount of feedback from passionate CrossfireX fans around the globe.
Needless to say – we’re extremely eager to continue working on improvements for the game and hope that this update will act as a stepping stone in earning back player trust in the future of CrossfireX.
With that said, let’s talk about the update!
• A limited-time EVENT PASS has been added to the game, which can be selected from the drop-down menu located on the Battle Pass screen in-game. Earn up to 25 tiers of rewards including new Weapon Skins, up to 25,000 GP and a unique Weapon Accessory!
• Two new maps have been added to the new ‘EVENT’ playlist. Earn up to 20,000 GP for completing 10 matches on each EVENT map.
[EVENT] Invasion – Spectre Mode (Classic)
- Face off against a team of Spectres in this new Event Map that pits teams face-to-face in a ruined city.
- Spectres can utilize the moving vehicle on the map to get navigate around more covertly.
- Take notice of the motion-activated lights that trigger in certain rooms, informing you of a nearby Spectre.
[EVENT] Submarine – Team Deathmatch (Classic)
- Put your knife skills to the test in this melee-only team deathmatch style mode that takes place in a sinking submarine.
- Adapt to your surroundings as the submarine begins to tilt during the match.
• 3 new weapons have been added:
- CAM-09 (Sniper Rifle)
- GSMG-45 (Submachine Gun)
- KERIS (Melee Weapon)
• The following silencer attachment skins have been added:
- Dynamic Pearl
- Pink Carbon
- Guard 38
BALANCE & GAMEPLAY
• To address the difficulties surrounding the aim sensitivity, several customization options have been added to the game:
- Expanded analog stick sensitivity range for Stick & Vertical sensitivity, ADS & ADS Vertical sensitivity.
- Dead Zone options have been added for both left and right analog sticks.
- Aim Response Curve Type options have been added: Standard/Linear/Dynamic.
- 'Set to Default' feature added for each option category.
• To improve issues that occurred due to the aim assist mechanic being too strong, we differentiated aim assist based on distance where it now becomes weaker from a longer distance while remaining as is from a short-to-mid distance. We plan to continue refining this mechanic based on community feedback.
• Muzzle and Ammunition attachments can now be used in the Classic playlist.
• Performing melee attacks felt inconsistent, so we made the following adjustments:
- Melee range hitbox has been increased slightly
- Kukri strong attack (LT) has been adjusted.
• Additional ammo magazines have been added for Mercenary players on the Babylon Lab map.
• The rate at which Kill Streak Points are gained have been adjusted and the points requirement to unlock Boogieman has been increased to 3,000.
• KALASH-47: Adjusted the recoil and firing rate to feel more consistent.
• Adjusted the Spectre invisibility effect so that the invisibility is not deactivated right away after taking damage.
- Now upon taking damage, the opacity will gradually increase.
• Adjusted the spawn points on Black Widow so opposing players were not immediately in view of each other during spawn.
• Improved the responsiveness of the Tactical Growth – Sliding mechanic.
• To mitigate spawn camping on GR Tower, a new object has been added to block the line of sight to the spawn points.
• Weapon statistics have been added for each weapon, viewable in the Loadout screen.
- Includes recoil patterns for both Modern & Classic mode.
• ‘News’ section added – users can view news updates from the main lobby screen by pressing (X) or navigating to the corresponding button on the UI.
• Play Guide videos have been added for the Submarine and Invasion maps.
• Enhancements to the controls have been added to better handle situations with low aim acceleration.
• An AFK kick timer has been implemented to remove users who are inactive during a match.
• Premium Missions have been removed from the game. Users who purchased the mission will still be able to complete it.
• The chance of receiving a Daily Mission that requires a specific weapon has been reduced significantly.
- The Daily Mission requirements have also been reduced to make them easier to complete.
• Reduced the duration that eliminated characters would remain on the ground for. This has been implemented to reduce errors that would sometimes occur related to game physics.
• Added support for the Australian region to improve ping issues.
• Improved dynamic resolution optimization for each type of Xbox device.
• The framerate and screen transition time of the lobby has been improved.
We’d like to take another opportunity to extend our thanks to the community for all the feedback and bug reports that has helped us narrow down the most crucial issues to address. We will continue to keep a watchful eye on the active discussions and bug submissions from the community.
- The official CrossfireX BETA rewards have now been distributed to all players who participated in the 2020 BETA. 500 CFP has also been awarded for your patience!
- Fixed an issue that allowed Nano characters to pick up Secondary weapons, which subsequently enlarged the Nano model.
- Fixed an issue that caused continuous camera shake after ending a round while spectating a teammate who is sprinting.
- Fixed an issue that disabled the use of ‘Enhanced Defense’ Tactical Growth for some loadout slots.
- Fixed an issue on Babylon Lab that allowed infected players to attack Mercenary characters through terrain/walls.
- Fixed an issue where the C4 Defuse UI would sometimes not display while defusing.
- Fixed an issue with the Black Market where users could not complete purchases with GP.
- Fixed an issue where Gamer Tags would display through smoke.
- Fixed an issue that didn’t add a kill point if you killed an enemy with a Grenade while respawning.
- Fixed an issue that output a light source on the B.C Axe Dynamic Pearl.
- Fixed a model and texture issue with the CAR-4 Snow Field that occurred in Classic Modes.
- Improved plant foliage hitboxes on Black Widow so that they no longer block bullets outside of the foliage zone. Foliage is no longer removed when damaging these affected plants.
- Fixed an issue that caused Aim Assist acceleration issues for the SC-772 and SC-556.
- Fixed an issue that allowed tactical growth to upgrade the max tier perk for a 2nd time.
- Fixed an issue with mode selection after a match is completed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause C4 detonation to add kill points incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the Boogieman to make movements while in the introduction video.
- Fixed an issue that temporarily locked out Battle Pass reward distribution if you passed the 10th level maximum.
- Fixed an issue that caused the death recap to display information from multiple deaths.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the boogieman to get stuck on the 1st phase of GR tower after using the (LB) ability.
- Fixed an issue that caused specific guns to avoid invisibility on GR Tower while using the Spectre suit.
- Fixed an issue that allowed movements to persist while the killstreak menu is open.
- Fixed an issue on Laboratory that caused players to become temporarily stuck after Mantling an area near Black List Spawn.
- Fixed an issue that caused the spectator camera to become stuck if a character died by fall damage.
- Improved the frame rate for characters who are visible at long distance.